Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree....

I got this set waaaaay back during Sale a Bration as one of my free sets, it's Holiday Happiness.  I thought it was so cute and it reminded me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.  I thought it would make such cute Christmas cards, but for the life of me I'm stumped with how to use it.  I love this card.  But there's no room for a greeting without covering up half the tree.  But it's still so cute and I love that comes with this sets.  The little ornaments are so cute too.  For this tree though I just punched a variety of circles to use for the ornaments. 
The star punch is retired, I'm sorry, I still don't know why oh why it was retired.  I just couldn't part with mine, and if you know me I don't keep anything that's retired, so it was a big deal for me to keep it.  I may add a small greeting along the bottom of the card, who knows.  It's such a cute card, just needs a sentiment.  I love how the edges have the ruffled ribbon just peeking out.  I love the look of that.  Have I mentioned before how much I love our ruffled ribbon :)  Well that's enough babbling from me.  I have a whole to do list for today.  I better get started :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Love your card. This is a cute set. I don't have it ... yet :) I remember Heather Summer's daugther (pretty sure) flipped it upside down and made it into a flower stem. Its always nice to be able to use a Christmas stamp after the holiday.