Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Questionable...

I'm not sure how I feel about this card.  I love the idea of it and it looked MUCH better in my head.  But as I was making it, it didn't come out like I thought it would, BUT now that I've had a chance to look it over and let it sit there I think I am liking it more.  So very strange.  I'm still not 100% sure on it, so if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!  I started this card with a vellum base.  It's so pretty and elegant.  If you do a vellum base for your card make sure that you line the inside with some regular cardstock to write you message :)  On top of the vellum I used my Simply Scored and did lines diagonally down on the cardstock, which just gives a fun background.   
For Dasher, I stamped him in Crumb Cake then used my Soft Suede marker on the small tip end and highlighted some of areas where shadows might be or just to highlight some of his antlers.  Once I was done with that, I used my aqua painter and our Dazzling Details and painted on some sparkle!  It's very hard to photograph but it just makes it look like sparking snow.  I mounted that on more glitter, some of our silver shimmer paper.  SO PRETTY!!!  To finish him off I used some pearls on his antlers.
I did the greeting the same way that I did Dasher, Crumb Cake ink and a Soft Suede marker.  So what do you think.  Like it or hate it.  I think it's growing on me.  I'll be honest though I was NOT thrilled with it while making it and it almost ended up in the trash.  I like the big greeting on it too, but as you can see, it's not going to be an easy card to mail, this is one of those hand delivered cards :) 



Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

1 comment:

Theresa Q. said...

I love it Ruth! Glad you didn't throw it away.