Friday, November 18, 2011

Half Stampin' Up!

Last night was our demonstrator meeting, soooo much fun!!!!  I can't stand it!!!  We had a little 'class brainstorming session' and all that I'll say is my classes next year are going to be AWE-SOME!!!!!  But in the interest of time, let's get to today's project!  Before we get to it, let me share with you how this project came to be.  Logan has been wanted to knit a rug for his play corner for a while.  Well you know me, I'm paper crafty not yarn crafty.  So it got put off and put off.  Well my Mom picked up at the store those kids knitting kit things.  You know it's a circle with pegs around the top, you thread the yarn over them and it's basically easy knitting.  They were too small for a rug, so we thought we'd make placemats or potholders for Christmas gifts.  This interested Logan for about 10 minutes.  Well by this time, we'd already started something.  So I finished it and followed the instructions and turned it into a hat.  Well the only person the hat fit was Megan.  The problem was the yarn was in boy colors.  So what's a stamper to do?  Embellish the hat with girly things of course!!!!  Fortunately for me the hat was the same color as the Baja Breeze big buttons in the Holiday Mini catalog so it worked out well :)  Here's my little model wearing the hat.  She's not a huge fan of hats but she likes cameras so lucky for me she kept the hat on long enough to get a picture :)

For the hat, I used the Baja Breeze button and threaded some Baja Breeze seam binding through it.  But it still needed something else so I added another button with some bakers twine.  SOOOOO stinkin' cute!!!!  I actually love this hat, I think I'm going to make a larger one for me so that Megan and I can have matching hats, how cute would that be!!!!???!
Here's a closer shot of the button embellishment.  Now if SU sold yarn you know this would be a 100% SU project but, as of now yarn is not and at least will not be in the next mini catalog :)  Which is just as well for me.  I'll have highlights from the meeting next week.  Our swaps were great and the demos were great as well!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

OH MY GRAVY!! Adorable!!! Love, love, love it! I may have to girly my Jacob up! LOL