Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Box Of Ornaments

In keeping with the cleaning out of my class scraps I found this little box, well the cardstock for it anyway.  At a workshop last month we made this box (used different DSP) but I had the paper already cut to run through the Big Shot so I decided to do a box today.  In the box is what I really want to show you though.  The box is cute, don't get me wrong and I LOVE using pink for Christmas :)  I used a strip of DSP for a ruffled edge to the top of the box, and then made a little lolli or rosette to stick on the front.  But again, nothing too fancy about the box, it's all about what's inside!!!
Inside this little box is a set of 4 Christmas tree ornaments.  SO CUTE!!!!  I used the Petal Card Punch for the boxes.  I've made these before. Remember this post and this one.  I've always wanted to make little ornaments with it though, so with Christmas right around the corner it's the perfect time!!!  These make great hostess gifts, neighbor gifts, teacher gifts, etc.  I know I'd love to receive a sweet little box of these :)
The boxes are easy to do.  You'll need to punch 4 of the petal card punches, adhere the tabs together on each one so that you form a 'chain' of them.  Stick the last two together so that you get a box and then close the top and bottom.  I used some Hemp Twine on top to attach your tree hook too.  The DSP is already so beautiful you don't need to do much to it.  So I just added a little ribbon and a cute bow on the front with some Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon.  Quick, easy, cute and fun!  What more could you ask for?! :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: