Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Flower

If yesterday's card wasn't my favorite then this one for sure is my favorite, but I don't know it's close one!  If you didn't get a chance to see yesterday's card make sure you check it out.  Today we'll wrap up my Pintrest inspired week.  Here's the inspiration for today's card.  I love the special folding involved in this card.  I used the Label Framelits.  I just love how it turned out!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!  For the flower I stamped and embossed the top flower, then I punched 2 more flowers and attached them all with dimensionals.  There's serious lift on this card :)
The button is there to hold the card closed.  You stick the right flap under the button and it holds it closed.  Isn't that cute!?!  You can see the flower and the dimension to it better in this picture.  I love dimensionals.  I think it's the only accessory that I use on every single card I make, well sometimes I don't but on 98% of my cards.  Just ask my husband and kids about my love for dimensionals.  We're forever picking up the little backs to them that get stuck to you from static then get tracked through the house.  I find them in the weirdest places.  :)
Here's a shot of the inside of the card.  It's very hard to see but I stamped the flower again inside but in versamark.  It's a subtle little touch that adds to the card.  Isn't this a great Mother's Day card?  Don't forget Mother's Day is this weekend.  So in honor of Mother's day and before I go, I thought I share a quick story about my 5 year old son and Mother's Day.  Last Mother's Day, Logan was busy working on a project, when I asked what he was doing he said "I'm making a Mother's Day gift.  Guess who it's for?"  I replied "Who??"  Logan bursts out "DADDY!!!"  Fast forward to this year, while watching the season finale of Amazing Race (we LOVE that show!!) they had a commercial for some Mother's Day jewelry.  Logan leans over to his Dad and says "We should get Megan some of that."  Gotta love that little boy!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: