Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Graduating Owl

Today my little boy graduates from Kindergarten.  In honor of this special occasion I thought he needed a super cute, fun card.  I saw a card similar to to this on Pintrest.  They made a life size (well maybe not life size but card size) owl  card.  I don't know how they did it but I'll tell you how I did it.  I used a little help from MDS!  To do the owl, I opened an 8.5x11 scrapbook page and used the owl punch and made him about 4.25x5.5, you know card size.  Then I color filled it with white and matted it in black.  That way I just get the outline of the owl punch.  I printed it and used it as a template for my owl.  Easy peasy right! 

Of course after it was printed I realized that I should have printed his vest too!  But since I'm a lazy stamper I just hand cut it.  The rest of the owl is done with punches.  The beak is the pennant punch, the eyes are the 3/4 and 1/2 circle punches and his wings are the biggest scallop punch.  The hat was done by hand (or by paper cutter actually).  I couldn't get it to look right with punches so I gave up and did it by hand.  I stamped the Happy Graduation from Teeny Tiny Wishes and then rolled it up.  So cute!  I just love this little guy!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: