Thursday, May 24, 2012

Graduating Owl

Today my little boy graduates from Kindergarten.  In honor of this special occasion I thought he needed a super cute, fun card.  I saw a card similar to to this on Pintrest.  They made a life size (well maybe not life size but card size) owl  card.  I don't know how they did it but I'll tell you how I did it.  I used a little help from MDS!  To do the owl, I opened an 8.5x11 scrapbook page and used the owl punch and made him about 4.25x5.5, you know card size.  Then I color filled it with white and matted it in black.  That way I just get the outline of the owl punch.  I printed it and used it as a template for my owl.  Easy peasy right! 

Of course after it was printed I realized that I should have printed his vest too!  But since I'm a lazy stamper I just hand cut it.  The rest of the owl is done with punches.  The beak is the pennant punch, the eyes are the 3/4 and 1/2 circle punches and his wings are the biggest scallop punch.  The hat was done by hand (or by paper cutter actually).  I couldn't get it to look right with punches so I gave up and did it by hand.  I stamped the Happy Graduation from Teeny Tiny Wishes and then rolled it up.  So cute!  I just love this little guy!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: