Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Not Lion

Brace yourself this is a super cute card!  I saw a card similar to this on Pintrest, you can see the original card here.  I'm a sucker for punch art and I had to make it.  I did use a retired stamp set.  This one (not even sure what it's called) was in the summer mini from LAST year.  Since the summer mini carried over through the catalog release it wasn't sold at stamp camp last year. But don't worry it will be available this year!  But anyway back to the card, isn't it cute!!!!  I'm not sure I used the same punches that were used on the original card, I just went off of looking at it-I'm not one to read directions :)  Usually when I'm CASEing a card I have it pulled on on the computer behind me and I work at my desk glancing over every once in a while to see what I'm doing.  I'm not sure why I'm sharing that, you're probably bored out of your mind :) 

His mane is done by punching 3 of the Blossom Punch, everything is sponged in More Mustard.  He's just so cute, you can't help but smile when you see him!  I used some Pear Pizazz for the grass and just took my paper snips to it.  No rhyme or reason when doing grass just hack it away :)  You're thinking, "Yes it's a cute card but what's with the lion it doesn't really go with the greeting?"  We'll thanks to some computer technology I made a little something for the inside too....
"I'm not lion!"  I just love little puns like that, I think I'm kind of goofy that way :)  I'm not sure who exactly will get this card yet.  I'm sure it will go in my stash of cards and I'll use it some day.....maybe...... :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

He is very cute. It looks pretty easy to make. You always do the nicest things ... and I'm not lion either :)

Anonymous said...

Darling card. Can't wait to case it for my grandson!
Rose Reynolds
Burleson, Tx