Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thank You X4


Since I've been embossing almost every card I've made lately I thought I should invest in the colored embossing powders Stampin' Up! sells.  I LOVE THEM!!!  I thought to show you I'd make the same card, in ever color---that I bought anyway :)  I made four of them, they're all exactly the same.  I love them, they were easy to mass produce, you could whip up a stack of these thank you notes in no time!!! 
First up is Pool Party and Crushed Curry.  Normally I'm not a huge fan of Crushed Curry, but how can you not love it when it's heat embossed!!!!?!!  Like I said the cards are all done the same, I used the Chevron Background stamp set and embossed the chevrons on the White Cardstock. I knew I was only going to need that one side embossed, so that's all I inked up!  No wasted embossing powder.  Just ink where you need it!  That is a really fun slogan :)  I used my Big Shot and my Large Polka Dot folder to dry emboss a coordinating piece of cardstock.  I love the look of the polka dots with the chevrons.  So cute!!!   
Next we have Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobbler.  I used the same greeting on all of them and kept with the monochromatic color scheme and used white embossing powder on vellum.  To adhere the vellum to my card I cut it an inch longer than I needed it and then scored it 1/2 inch on each end so that it wraps around each piece of cardstock.  Then it's adhered in the back and you can't see the adhesive. Plus it looks so cute wrapped around!!!  When you emboss on vellum, make sure you hold your embossing tool off to the side until it's really hot, then move it around on the vellum, until everything is melted, if you hold it in one place too long you'll scorch your vellum, that's also why waiting until it's really hot is good too, the embossing powder will melt sooooooo fast!  Finally I added a Silver Glimmer Paper heart.  So cute!!!!  These cards were all quick and easy, and FUN!!!!  Do you have a favorite color......??????
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: