Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Thousand Thanks


I'm on such an embossing kick lately.  I just stocked up on most of the embossing powders, especially the colored ones, so I think you'll see lots of embossed cards in your future :)  I do believe though that embossing is the biggest 'WOW' technique ever!  It doesn't matter if you've been stamping for 20 years or 20 seconds, when you see the powder melt into stamping magic, it's pretty cool!!!!  Every time I emboss something I'm always amazed at how great it looks!!!  This card is no exception!  There's LOTS of gold embossing on this card!!!  I knew I wanted a lot of gold on this card, but I wanted a little color in there too, I've never met a color paired with gold that I didn't like, but I knew I wanted a softer, not so overpowering color, I went with Lost Lagoon.  I stamped the splatter, from Gorgeous Grunge with Lost Lagoon, then put it away, everything was going to be embossed!!  I used the stripes from Gorgeous Grunge as well, embossed of course along with my greeting from Lots of Thanks. 
For the stars I considered using gold paper, but I wanted the stars to really matched the embossed look and texture of the greeting and stripes so I embossed a scrap piece of white cardstock in gold (just press you Versa Mark pad over a piece of cardstock and cover with embossing powder) and punched out the stars with my star punch from the Itty Bitty Essentials Punch Pack.  For the solid gold line above the greeting, that's just a scrap from the piece I embossed and punched the stars out of.  I also covered the edges of my cardbase with versa mark and embossed in gold as well.  This really doesn't use as much embossing powder as you would think.  Now I didn't cover the entire piece of cardstock, you're only seeing the outside edge, so really the base of the card is only embossed about 1/2 inch in, around the entire card.  Embossing powder seems to last forever!!  Plus it gives that same gold look and texture throughout the entire card.  This card is GORGEOUS!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: