Thursday, August 14, 2014

Blendabilities Meets Thinlits


Day 4 of our Blendabilities week. I'm teaming up with my friend Kim to bring you the best of Blendabilities!! After you're done here, head to Kim's blog and see what she has in store for you.  I pulled out my Smoky Slate Blendabilities for this card, it's more of a subtle look than my last 3 projects but I love the finish look.  We'll get to the markers in a moment.  Let's talk about the rest of the card first.  Remember last week when I created my own Black Glitter Embossing Powder.  Well I had some of that left so I thought I'd pull it out for this card.  I knew I'd be using my Smoky Slate markers, so I also grabbed my Silver Embossing Powder.  I stamped all the triangles, using the triangle background from the Dotty Angles set, in Versa Mark.  Then I randomly sprinkled on some Black Glitter Embossing Powder and some Silver.  I love the multi colored embossed look!  So fun!!!!  The texture on this card is CRAZY FUN!!!
 
Then I die cut the 'thx' from the Circle Card Thinlit.  I love all the little 'extras' that come with the flipcards :)  After I cut it out I started coloring it with my Blendabilities.  It's darker on the top and get's lighter as you go down.  This was really hard to photograph, it's so prominent in person.  After it was colored and dried, it needed something else, it was the ONLY thing not sparkling on the card-can't have that!!!  So I sprayed my Vanilla Smooch Spritz once into a small container and gently painted the smooch spritz over the letters.  It's the perfect amount of shine and shimmer!!!  And how cool that you can paint it!!!! It was something I'd never tried, sooooo glad it worked!!!!  Finally to finish the card and to add a 'pop' of color I added some flowers punched out of Blendabilities colored glimmer paper.  Beautiful!!!!  This is my favorite of the week......so far......I have one last project to share with you tomorrow, check back, there just might be a sneak peek....or two!!!!
Now it's time to head over to Kim's blog and see what she has in store for you today! Make sure to check back here tomorrow for another Blendabilities inspired project. Don't forget to shop now for your Blendabilities!!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: