Monday, August 25, 2014

Grateful

I love the layers on this card.  There's so many fun layers, this is one of those cards that really look better in person.  There's so much going on, but it all goes together so well!!!  I started with 3 pieces of DSP all from the Color Me Autumn DSP, it's in the upcoming Holiday Catalog.  You don't have to wait much longer it goes live this Thursday, August 28!!!  The pieces of DSP that I choose look like solid pattens but when you look at the 12x12 piece it's such a fun pattern, there's lots going on.  I glued them all together on a scrap piece of white, you'll never see it so it can really be a scrap piece, you could also just use printer paper.  It's just something to hold all the pieces of DSP together.  I stamped and embossed the flower from the Too Kind set.  I used Clear embossing powder, but it didn't really give me the look I wanted to I took some Sahara Sand ink and my sponge and sponged the ink over it.  The Sahara Sand worked great in this case, it's not an overly dark color and it has the habit of blending well into it's environment.  Sahara Sand seems to work with EVERY color, it's kind of the chameleon of the inking world.  It was the perfect color to really bring out those flowers yet not mess up the DSP.  It worked great!!! 
 


To bring in more of that Sahara Sand color I cut out some scallops with my Striped Scallop Thinlit and attached just one line of scallops to the bottom layer.  I added the greeting from the For All Things Stamp Set, in the Holiday Catalog, with some Memento Black Ink.  This is the ink that works great with our Blendabilities but I love the clean, smooth look that you get with this pad.  It's my new go to black!  Finally to finish the card, I added more layers of cardstock and some Cotton Ribbon tied off with some Linen Thread.  I love this finished card.  I wish the photos did it justice, in person the layers and embossing really stand out! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: