Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Button Challenge


I'm always up for a stamping related challenge, so when this one came up I jumped on it.  Really it wasn't a challenge someone asked me to do, just one I did on my own thinking it would be fun, and it was!!!  It all started last week when I was following some comments on my friends SU Facebook page, eventually the challenge ended up being making a card with only cardstock and buttons, no stamping.  Well obviously a greeting is ok, but no stamping in relation to the button, that meant, the button couldn't be on top of a stamped flower, etc.  So there I was, what to do!!??!
I did another card, it wasn't approved, there was stamping, so this was my second card.  I LOVE this card!!  Simple and fun!!  For the holly leaves I used my XL Oval punch then my 3/4 inch circle punch, I went around the edge of the oval and punched half circles out all around until I was left with a holly leaf.  The buttons are the Vintage Faceted Buttons, colored red with my Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities.  I worked and worked on what to add on my buttons-----I don't do naked buttons----EVER!!!  Nothing looked right, so I left them naked.....bare........EXPOSED!  This is a HUGE moment.  Luckily for me, since the buttons are colored it's harder to tell they're actually buttons and not just fun, red, accents.  So I was able to get over my {gulp} naked buttons.  But in the end I followed the rules, I made a card only using cardstock and buttons.  Whooohooo!!!  I'm still waiting for my prize from my challenger.......you know who you are :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

What a cool card, Ruth! And your idea to make holly from an oval punch and circle punch is genius! Love it!