Friday, August 15, 2014

Blendabilities Meets Christmas Bauble

Day 5 of our Blendabilities week. I'm teaming up with my friend Kim to bring you the best of Blendabilities!! After you're done here, head to Kim's blog and see what she has in store for you.  Today is our final day.  I've had fun, I hope you have too!!  Today, I'm sharing what Blendabilities are for, COLORING!!!!  I'm using the new Christmas Bauble stamp that's in our upcoming Holiday Catalog.  It's a beautiful stamp, and so fun to color.  There's lots of big spaces and lots or room for creativity!!!  I wasn't sure how I'd like my Crumb Cake/Daffodil Delight ornament but I LOVE IT!!!  The colors are so pretty together.  I'm all about non traditional Christmas colors.  The stamp isn't the only sneak peek on the card.  See those awesome stars?  That's a new embossing folder.  I was selective on which stars I wanted embossed so instead of sending it through the Big Shot like you normally would.  I placed my cardstock over the open embossing folder on the side with the debossed stars (the side where the stars go in, not pop up).  Then I used my tool from my Simply Scored board and just went over the stars that I wanted to show.  So fun and an easy way to be selective! 
As for the ornament.  I mentioned before that I used my Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, I also pulled out my Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive ones for the holly.  I added some glitter, not a lot.  I also added some Crystal Effects over the center of the ornament.  It gives a lovely shine and glossy finish.  If you still want to know more about Blendabilities make sure you come to my class on Saturday, September 6.  This class is available for local customers only, if you're local and don't have a demonstrator come on down!  If you're already one of my customers come on down!!!  If you're not local, this class isn't available as a kit right now, sorry!  But feel free to head to my website and shop for your Blendabilities today!  The best way to learn is just to use them!!!  Here's all the details on my class. 

Saturday, September 6, 2014
9:30AM St. John's Cathedral, 318 Silver SW, Albuquerque NM
Learn all there is to know about Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol markers, Blendabilities.
This class is $25 paid in advance, you'll receive 1 package of Blendabilities (your color choice), and one stamp (your choice of Blended Bloom, Kind Koala, Vivid Vases, or Snapshot).  You'll get four pieces of cardstock to practice on, then you'll make one finished card with your stamp set.  You get to keep the Blendabilities and stamp set you receive at the class!  RSVP WITH PAYMENT by August 25th.  Make sure to include what color Blendabilities you want and your stamp of choice.  Contact me for more details or to RSVP.   

Now it's time to head over to Kim's blog and see what she has in store for you today! Make sure to check back here tomorrow for another Blendabilities inspired project. Don't forget to shop now for your Blendabilities!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth ... this is an AWESOME card! I haven't bought this stamp yet, but it was on my list. I love the design of it, and how you colored it is great, and I love that it's hanging on the card. Great choice my friend! Love it!