Thursday, August 7, 2014

Celebrate Swapping


Our demo meeting is tonight and we have kind of a different swap theme.  One we've never done.  The theme this month is use your most hated Stampin' Up! color.  So it was a toss up between Tangerine Tango, Garden Green, Tangelo Twist and Mossy Meadow.  Sense a theme in my most hated colors? :)   I don't know if I 'hate' them I just really don't like them and hardly ever, ever, ever use them.  I went with Mossy Meadow in the end.  I looked up in my Color Coach what colors coordinate with Mossy Meadow and used those, so I also added some Calypso Coral (not a favorite of mine) and Bermuda Bay (this color I like!).  I used the High Five stamp set.  It's a fun set that wasn't on my wish list but every time I went through the catalog I would stop at this set.  Something was calling me.  I'm glad I got it!
The stars are punched out of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  WHICH. IS. THE. BEST. GLIMMER. PAPER. IN. THE. WORLD!!!!!  I love this paper.  I just got it, and I'm already out :(  I will need to heavily restock this paper.  It's so sparkly and fantastic.  BEST. EVER!!!  Keeping with sparkle from the paper I decided to try something, I mixed Dazzling Diamonds glitter with Black Embossing Powder.  I ended up with glitter black embossing powder!  Shut the front door, it's so stinkin' cool!!!!!  I used 2 parts black embossing powder and one part glitter (note: when I say 'parts' I have a plastic spoon that I used, 2 spoons of EP and 1 of glitter, all dumped into an old button container.  There was no measuring!).  Just make sure you have more embossing powder than glitter.  The embossing powder is what will stick to your Versamark and melt.  The glitter won't.  I love my swap.....even though I used Mossy Meadow.....I'm so excited to see what colors will come up as people 'most hated color'!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: