Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hogs And Kisses


Today is Logan's birthday, he's 8 today.  How time flies.  For the kids cards I always try to do fun cards that they'll enjoy.  I had this thought for a pig and originally he was going to hold a birthday cake and the inside would read something like 'it's your birthday pig out', or something along those lines.  Well the days past, we got busier, time got away and well, then we're hours away from his birthday and making a pig holding a cake seemed more time consuming than I could handle.  So I started searching Pintrest for other pig cards with pig puns, I'm not sure why I was still stuck on the pig.....But then I came across this card made by Kristina.  I loved the greeting on her card, so I quickly printed it and started my card, it says "Birthday Hogs and Kisses".
The little pig couldn't be easier, he's just a selection of circle punches, his body is the 2 inch, his ear is the 1 1/4 and his nose is the 3/4.  Ears are the points of the new Sweetheart punch. and finally his legs are the Pansy Punch.  Couldn't be easier!  I used Blushing Bride cardstock then sponged it in Blushing Bride and Chocolate Chip.  I wanted the look like he had been playing in the mud.  The outside of the card is made to look like a barn.  It was quick with scraps of Real Red. Sponge in Chocolate Chip and you're done!    
I put him in a window and used a little spring on his bottom.  So when you open the card he's got a wiggly pig bottom.  I think Logan will just love that.  He has a very generous tail :)  The card is a 4x4 card.  It will fit in a regular envelope, but making one would make this card extra special.  I hope Logan enjoys his birthday card and his day. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: