Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sale-a-Bration Sunday-Stylish Sketches VIDEO

It's another Sale-a-Bration Sunday!  We're halfway through Sale-a-Bration.  Don't forget all Sale-a-Bration items are free while supplies last.  This week we're focusing on the Stylish Sketches Set.  I'll be honest, this was not first on my list but after playing with it a little I absolutely love it!  Especially these ducks!  I do love ducks, they're probably my favorite bird.  I knew I'd be creating with the ducks but I was surprised how much I loved the other images too.  

stampin up, stylish sketches

In the video I'm sharing how to create this duck card, but I'm also sharing versions on the card using the other images in the set.  I changed up the colors on the other versions but the rest of the supplies are the same.  I used the same dies, folders and embellisments.  These would be a cute stack of cards to gift to friends or family.  

stampin up, stylish sketches

This set doesn't come with any greetings I used a greeting from the Inspired Thoughts Set.  I love the greetings in this set.  The font is clean and crisp and there's so many greetings for so many occasions. I heat embossed my greeting using White Embossing Powder.  Don't forget to check out the new Embossing Tool Kit in the Mini Catalog.  This kit has everything you need for effortless heat embossing.   

stampin up, stylish sketches

All the images are mounted on die cut from the Layering Diorama Dies.  This is such a staple in my dies but all too often I forget to use them, but I love the layers it provides.  Also, on all the cards I used the Split Card Textures Dies, these dies give lots of texture to the background and much like an embossing folder it provides lots of visual and textile interest to a card.   

stampin up, stylish sketches

Speaking of embossing folders, I'm using the new Leaf Fall Folder on all my cards.  I missed this one in the Mini Catalog and only added it to my wishlist after seeing it on another project.  I was sold!  It's so beautiful and the perfect addition to all of your fall crafting projects.  To finish all the cards I used some twine from the Essentials Baker's Twine and added a scattering of Festive Pearls.  These are my favorite pearls!  

stampin up, stylish sketches

To make the cards here's the basic layout measurements I used.  
Card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" score long side at 4 1/4"
Die Cut layer 4" x 5 1/4"
Embossed layer 1 1/2" x 5"

I have a full supply list below.  Other than colors these three cards all use the same basic supplies and tools.  Making these an easy to stack to cards to throw together.  Make sure you check out the video for all the details on my cards.  Subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you're there.  Shop for these products in my Online Store today.  

stampin up, stylish sketches




 

No comments: