Friday, November 30, 2012

Sweet Stocking!

My final MDS holiday idea is probably my favorite.  Of course this is an idea that I copied from Martha Inchlay from Heather Summers MDS class.  I loved this idea so much that within minutes of seeing this I was online ordering the stocking punch so that I could create it!  REALLY I WAS!!!!  Then my computer crashed and well you know the rest :)  This little stocking couldn't be more fun and easy too!!!! 
To create it, I used and 8.5 x 11 base and made the stocking big enough to cover the entire page.  Once you have one designed you do an 'add duplicate page mirrored' to get the reverse image.  I printed them on iron on transfers.  Follow the directions on your transfer and iron it onto your fabric. 
Then it's just a quick run through the sewing machine, in my case I asked my mom for help.  She did it in a couple of minutes.  When it would have taken me much much much longer.  They're so cute!!!!  Logan wants to make one for the dog :)  This one I'll fill with chocolates, fun pens and markers and maybe a gift card or two for Logan's teacher for Christmas.  I'm so excited!!!  Tomorrow I have my Christmas gift card holder class.  This class is always popular and it's become quite the tradition!  I think this is the 3rd year I'm holding it.  I'll have those projects to show you next week. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fantastic idea! I love it!! ... Your Stalker