Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Birthday Card With The Pets

Megan's birthday was last week, she's a big 6 year old now.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do for her birthday card.  Waiting until the day before didn't give me a lot of time to make an elaborate card.  Which is probably for the best.  She takes them to her room and they get put who knows where and then I find them weeks later when I finally go in there to clean and reorganize.  This card is really cute though and she loved it. 
The pets are all colored like our own animals.  I used watercolor paper and some watercolor pencils I picked up at a big box store.  I fussy cut them all out which was pretty crazy of me but worth it in the end.  The grey dog is our dog Chase, the black and white kitty is our cat Orbit (though she's a pretty grumpy cat and would never smile like that), the third kitty the grey one is our cat Cinderella who is very vocal as this little kitty is being.  It's a pretty personal card but I love that these little pets you can make your own and color them to look like your own fur babies.  Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: