Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Embossing With Adhesive Sheets

I couldn't be more thrilled that our adhesive sheets are back in the catalog.  These are sheets that act like stickers.  You stick it to your cardstock then die cut a detailed die and then you simply pull off the backing and your detailed die is now a sticker that is easy to adhere!  I wanted to try the adhesive sheets in a new way though.  I covered a piece of white cardstock that is 5" x 3 3/4" with the adhesive sheets exposed the adhesive, then I stuck down lots of DSP squares that I trimmed to 1" x 1".  Once those were stuck down I covered the entire paper with Gold Embossing Powder.  The embossing powder stuck to anywhere there was exposed adhesive.  Then I simply heated it up and I have a beautiful golden background. 
To finish the card I added a greeting and a fun bow.  I pulled apart the threads from the Just Jade ribbon to get lots of whispy fibers.  I love this!!!!  This was a fun technique and I hope you give it a try.  I have a full supply list below. 

Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

Supplies:
Gorgeous Posies Set
Cinnamon Cider Cardstock
Just Jade Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Flowers For Every Season DSP
Just Jade Ink
Adhesive Sheets
Gold Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Just Jade Ribbon

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant! I would never have thought to do that Ruth. Stunning card, and of course that paper. (sigh)... I must try this, but I'm wondering how it would look with the new postage punch. Love those little crinkly edges! LOL Great card today. TFS Hugs!