Monday, June 8, 2020

Blossoms In Bloom and Blends

Oh. My. Gosh! Can we just take a minute to look at this card...…..WOW! In person the colors are more vibrant and they're a little sparkly because I painted them all with Wink Of Stella.  Doesn't it look like stained glass. SOOOOOO pretty!!!  The card really isn't hard to make, but you need to dedicate some TIME to make it.  This is not the card you're going to mass produce or send out 100 of.
I used Stampin' Blends to color all the flower petals.  There's lots of blending and I kept the colors darker in the center and lighter as the petals expanded.  I did the same with the leaves.  All the petals are popped up on Dimensionals, except for the smaller flowers and the leaves. Those I stuck down with Tombow.  The centers were all colored with blends after it was assembled.  So how did I do it?
I started by die cutting the flower from white cardstock.  BEFORE it was removed from the die I put some press and seal on the back and then carefully pulled off the die and the detailed outline.  Not all the centers stayed and that's ok, we don't need those.  I've been using press and seal in my stamp room for years. I have a box dedicated to my craft room that I keep in my closet. With the flowers all stuck down to the press and seal it was easy to go through and color them on the press and seal.  I used some Adhesive Sheets for the black detailed outline and stuck that on my card.  With the black outline on it was easy to go through and stick the petals in.  I used my Take Your Pick tool for little pieces.  I used Mini Dimensionals on the larger petals directly on the card then stuck the petal to them.  I love the final card.  It's so gorgeous!!  I have a full supply list below.

Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

Supplies:
Blossoms In Bloom Bundle
Basic Black Cardstock
Pool Party Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Bermuda Bay Ink
Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Mango Melody Stampin' Blends
Petal Pink Stampin' Blends
Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends
Highland Heather Stampin' Blends
Seaside Spray Stampin' Blends
Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends
Pool Party Stampin' Blends
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends
Adhesive Sheets
Mini Dimensionals
Tombow Multipurpose Glue
Take Your Pick Tool
Wink Of Stella

3 comments:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is stunning, Ruth! But, my brain is old, and I can't imagine how you did this. Do you have a video by chance? I really would love to try this. Your color is gorgeous. TFS

luvhymns said...

Simply gorgeous plus a lot of time. I love your coloring and the fact it gives a stain glass look. I actually thought you colored on vellum. You made my day!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. I can’t wait to get some press and seal and try your technique. Thanks so much for sharing!