Sunday, January 30, 2022

Daffodil Afternoon Tapered Flat Top Box-VIDEO

This little box is one of my favorites!  I wasn't quite sure how it was going to come out, and to be honest I had to make it a couple of times to make sure it was right.  In the end we're left with an adorable sweet box, filled with chocolate so it's a winner for sure!  The best part of this box is that you can make it with a 6" x 6" piece of DSP so whether you have a stack of 6" x 6" DSP or you're trimming down a 12" x 12" piece of DSP it will work with little waste of paper! I don't know about you but I have a hard time wasting DSP because it's so pretty!!!  

stampin up, daffodil afternoon dsp

This box is really cute because the top is more narrow than the bottom, so it tapers slightly at the top.  But you still have a flat top and a tab to tuck into the back of the box.  Easy to make and easy to open!  My favorite kind of box.  The DSP that I'm featuring today is the Daffodil Afternoon DSP.  This DSP you can only earn free with a qualifying $50 order in my Online Store during Sale-a-Bration.  There's only about a month left of Sale-a-Bration so if you haven't earned your free products yet you're running out of time!  

stampin up, daffodil afternoon dsp

Along with the Daffodil Afternoon DSP I'm using the Sweet Conversations Bundle from the mini and the Calming Camellia Sale-a-Bration Host Set.  I love the greeting in the Calming Camellia set and the heart and tag die was perfect from the Sweet Conversations Bundle.  I added some Bumblebee Ribbon and Brass Butterflies to complete my box.  Make sure to check out the video for all the other details on this box.  

stampin up, daffodil afternoon dsp

Inside the box are three of the Valentine Ghirardelli Hearts.  These I found at Target.  If you can't find these the Mini Ghirardelli squares will fit (the mini ones that are 1" x 1"), plus lots of other treats too!  

stampin up, daffodil afternoon dsp

To make the box you'll need a piece of DSP that is 6" x 6"
If you're DSP has a pattern that will make a difference when assembling make sure your DSP is in the correct top/bottom orientation for the first side to score.  
Score at 1 1/2", 2 3/4", 4 1/4" and 5 1/2" 
Turn and score at  1", 4", 4 3/4" and 5 1/2"
Trim as pictured or as shown in the video.  
On the side tabs make a mark in the middle at 5/8"

Check out my video for all the details and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you're there!  I have a full supply list below. You can shop for these supplies in my Online Store.  

stampin up, daffodil afternoon dsp

Shop my Online Store.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:







 

No comments: