Friday, October 5, 2018

Reinderr Card

With Christmas less than 3 months away it's time to get serious about our Christmas Cards!  I have the cutest reindeer card to share with you today!!!!  It's so simple that you'll love making a stack of these!  I stared with a Crumb Cake piece that is 5"x3 3/4" I gently sponged around the edge in Crumb Cake ink to add some depth.  You need a handful of punches for this but I'll give you a HUGE time saving tip!  Before you punch anything line the back of all your cardstock with some Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, then punch your image.  With the adhesive sheets on the back it makes you punched image basically a sticker.  No fiddling around with liquid glue or glue dots. Just peel and stick!!!!
For the antlers in Soft Suede I used the new Sprig Punch.  The ears in Crumb Cake are made with the 1 1/4" Circle punch.  After you punch one circle, feed that circle back into the punch and punch it again, making a football shape.  The inside of the ears are Petal Pink and I used the 1" Circle punch, done in the same way the ears were done. The pine branches are of course in Shaded Spruce and are from the Pretty Pines Thinlits (make sure you line this cardstock with those Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheets too!).  His eyes are in Basic Black and I used the 1 1/4" Circle punch.  Punch one circle then move the punch up slightly and punch again.  This gives you the perfect arch for his eyes. His nose is Poppy Parade using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch again.  I popped the nose up with a dimensional and added lots of Wink of Stella for shimmer.  So cute!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth, this is adorable, but I have a question. Where are the ears. I don't see them.

Anonymous said...

Never mind about the ears. I see them now. They hid from me!!!! He is so cute. Thanks for sharing.