Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Christmas 10 Week Countdown Week 1


Over the next 10 weeks I'll share a new and fun Christmas idea all the way up to December 18, only a week away from Christmas!  Of course you can adapt all of these ideas to any holiday or occasion.  Today we're starting with a fun gift card holder.  I don't know about you but gift cards are always a fun gift to give around the Holidays.  Today's gift cards holder is super cute and super easy!!!  The front is decorated using the Santa's Workshop DSP.  This DSP is soooo special!  Lots of the pages are flocked and are just amazing and luxurious!  Plus LOTS of the images coordinate with the Santa's Signpost Framelits.  Today's images do not.  I fussy cut them, but they're simple images and were easy to do!
I love this fun gift card hold because it reminds me of an old envelope with the brads that you tied shut.  This is just a mini version of it!  To make the holder you'll need a piece of cardstock that is 4 3/4" x 5 1/2".  On the 4 3/4" side score at 1" and 3 1/4" on the 5 1/2" side score at 3/4" and 4 1/4".  Trimming it is easy, just remove the four corners on the score line.  I used the Detailed trio punch to round the corners on the top and bottom flaps.  Then I adhered everything together.  I started with the sides, the folded the bottom up.
Finally I added 2 brads one on the top flap and another on the holder.  The trickiest part of making this holder is the brads.  I used my paper piercer to carefully punch a hole then I pushed the brad through and again used my paper piercer to unfold the legs of the brad.  I added a finger hole with the 3/4" circle punch.  Not necessary but it helps in sliding the gift card out.  Super cute!  I have so much more to share on our countdown to Christmas!  Join me every week!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: