Thursday, August 9, 2018

Blended Season and Glitter Paper

I saw this technique done by another demonstrator, Gloria Plunkett shared this tutorial on her blog and being the glitter loving girl I am I HAD to try it!  I was amazingly easier than I thought it would be and I love the finished look of the cards!  The basic idea is to stamp on a window sheet in Staz-On ink and use your Stampin' Blends to color the back of the window sheet.
Once everything is colored you adhere it to glimmer paper, I used glue dots and that worked great.  They're not even seen.  Then you fussy cut, yes fussy cut the window sheet and glimmer paper.  Our new and improved glimmer paper is thinner than our previous glimmer paper so it's easier to cut even with the window sheet.  If you're not a fan of fussy cutting I'd recommend an easy image to cut out.  This image from the Blended Season set, while gorgeous is not for the faint of heart to cut out.  I even cut off the stem with the buds on it because I wasn't going to deal with cutting it out.  In the end though these cards are gorgeous and I would do it all over again!  The blends I used to color them both were Lovely Lipstick (above), Highland Heather.  The leaves and centers of both are done with Granny Apple Green and Soft Suede.
I used the Blended Season Bundle for these cards.  Remember this bundle is only available in August, while supplies last.  The labels are double stitched which is double the fun! The images are wonderful for year round projects.  Don't wait to get yours, head to my online store and purchase it today!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: