Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Alligator In The Water

 
Nearly 3 years ago I created this amazing giraffe card.   In all the many years that I've had my blog that giraffe card has been by far the one I get the most questions and comments on.  I love that giraffe card and I've seen so many variation on it.  Including my own, I made this wiener dog one after the giraffe.  Looking back on that card, I thought what else can I do in punch art with the same layout.  And so the alligator was born....or crocodile.  Depending on where you live I guess he could be a gator or croc.     

Like the others when you open the card you see him in his....her?...entirety.  I just love it, I love these interactive ones.   They're so much fun!  This card did not make it to my class, really only because I felt that this card needed to be taught in a more intimate setting where I could offer the one on one help that I would need to.  My larger class this weekend just isn't the right venue for it.    
So, how is it made.  I started with a standard card base that was 4 1/4"x 11, score on the 11" side at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2".  That will make your zig zag fold.  For the water I had a a piece of cardstock that was about 2x11 score the same way and tear it in half for a couple layers of water.  The alligator is a piece of cardstock that is 8 1/2" x 1 1/2" I rounded the top corners with a corner rounder.  I didn't score him.  It really works better if you just fold it and you glue it down and assemble the card. 
As for punches, I didn't use many at all 2" tail, 1 3/4" (head), 3/4" (eyes, bumpy back, 1/2" (eyes), Fox Builder (I used the tiny piece that would normally be the tip of the foxes tail, this is the alligators teeth).  Such a fun and cute card!  I love it!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: