Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring Acorns?

Who says acorns are only for fall???  When you pair them with these amazing colors you can use them year round.  But if you really don't want to use acorns, though I can't imagine why....they're stinkin' cute!  You could substitute the acorns for flowers or even Easter Eggs!  For the background for this card I used the window sheet smooshing technique.  I added some ink straight to a window sheet then gave it a little spray with water and smooshed it onto my cardstock.  


This is literally the easiest way to get a watercolored look without actually watercoloring.  I used my heat tool to dry the colors between so that I didn't get a muddy mess.  My acorns are all super cute stamped in these three colors (Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Tempting Turquoise).  I'm going to try to branch out this week and use other colors....it's gonna be hard! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: