Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Swirly Watercolored

Isn't this card so bright and cheerful.  I love all the colors and it was pretty easy to create!  I wanted to try some embossing resist watercolor with the new Swirly Bird stamp set.  I think the background came out so pretty!  To start with I used some Shimmer White cardstock.  and I stamped and embossed in clear the small swirly flower all over the back.  There's no pattern to the stamping it's all pretty random some are close together some are further apart, it's just to get some flowers on there.  Once all the flowers were heat embossed I grabbed 4 ink pads, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise.  I pressed each color onto my largest block to make a color pallet to work with.  Using a very wet aqua painter I picked up colors and started laying them down on the paper.  Where there is embossing it will resist the ink.  the colors will start to blend together creating other colors too.   There's some greens and oranges in there too.  I'm impatient so I sped up the drying with my heat tool then went back and added more colors, this time the color was more concentrated and not as wet.  This gives the nice watercolor lines and bold colors.  While it looks like I may have had a plan in mind with how the colors were going down I assure you I didn't have a plan I just started putting colors down.  If you use enough water you don't have to help it blend too much it will do that all on it's own.  Just keep some paper towels and your heat tool handy.  If the colors get too mixed up they'll start to get muddy and that's not a look you want.  You can use the paper towels to sop up any big pools of water and use your heat tool to speed up drying.         
I didn't want to cover up to much of my background.  So I used the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits to cut out some Black Glimmer Paper and a quick greeting over that.  Simple, quick and easy!  To finish the entire card I added some rhinestones, though I went back and forth with sequins on this one.  Rhinestones eventually won.  This would be a great card to make in monochromatic colors for an ombre type look.  What about some blues or earth tones for a more masculine look, eliminating the doilies, glitter and rhinestones of course :)  I love the bright colors with the glitter but I'm all sparkle and shine so what else would you expect!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally failed as a stalker and didn't check your blog yesterday! *GASP!* I LOVE this card!!! I've had mixed feelings about that stamp set, but I really love what you did here! I just may have to add that set to my wish list now! Gorgeous card!