Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Paper Pumpkin Meets Sunshine Wishes

Did you get your Paper Pumpkin this month?!  Are you as in love with those sequins and I am? I just adore those colors in the sequins!!!!  The coordinate with our new Flirty Flamingo and Peekaboo Peach perfectly!  I wanted to make some shaker cards with them so this is what I came up with!!  This card is stinkin' cute in person too!!  I couldn't love it more!!!!  I started with the Diagonal Stripe Background stamp, which I completely love!!!  I stamped that on Flirty Flamingo then cut out a scallop circle with the Layering Circles Framelits, save that circle, you might use it again! I attached a window sheet on the back of the circle, then used the new Foam Adhesive Strips (A MUST HAVE for shaker cards) to make a 'pool' for my sequins.  The strips are long and work great to shape around whatever shape you're making a shaker with, in this case a circle.  Once you have your 'pool' all made drop in some sequins, how many is up to you.  I put a few good pinches.  Carefully peel off the backing of your strips and add some cardstock to close up your shaker and that's pretty much the entire shaker!  
To finish up the front I tied some Thick White Bakers Twine around the front.  Then I cut out the heart from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits from some Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper.  I added a greeting from Thoughtful Banners.  I attached the whole thing to a Peekaboo Peach card base.  Keep in mind that because this card is a little thick it might require extra postage.  But they're so much fun to make and soooooooo much fun to get!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!! I forgot to text you to say "thank you" for the card! What a jerk stalker I am!! ;) Seriously though, THANK YOU .... it really wasn't necessary to send a card ... I had a blast helping at your event! You are an awesome demo!