Thursday, June 23, 2016

Boxes and Bookmarks

These boxes were pretty easy to make, I made all of them in one night.  Each boxes uses a 6x6 sheet of DSP which is perfect for our DSP stacks!  To make each box score on one side at 1 1/4 and 4, turn and score on the other side at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 3 3/4, and 5.  You'll have shorter tabs on the bottom, cut up each of those tabs to create the bottom of your box.  The bigger tabs are for the top of your box. 
There's lots of ways to close this box, I did it really easy and cut off but one tab that would be the lid. I folded it over the top of the box and pinched where it would fold over onto the front of the box and added some magnetic tape to hold the box closed. 
I also decided I needed to give my guests some In Color Bookmarks to use in their new catalogs.  These were so easy to make!  The hardest part was actually figuring out the spacing on the computer to print the vellum to have it all line up correctly.  Once that was figured out, it was simple to cut and put them together.  
To stamp each color I used one of the 'cake layers' in the Build a Birthday set.  I stamped it in all 5 colors on the bookmarks.  The vellum piece goes over the top and is just stapled together.  So cute!!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: