Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Friday, August 7, 2015

Rainbow Butterflies


While I think this card is so pretty it didn't quite turn out as planned.  I think the colors didn't blend as well together as I would have hoped so instead of having a nice smooth transition of colors I have sharper more harsh lines.  I guess I need to practice my watercoloring a little more.  I was inspired by this card by one of last years Stampin' Up! Artisan Winners.  I used more bold colors on my card, then the softer colors from Cindy.  I started by embossing a piece of watercolor paper.  I went with watercolor paper because I knew I'd been adding lots of water and I really wanted the paper to hold it.  I worked in the rainbow order and worked my way down the card.  Working on blending the colors as I went.
The greeting from Over The Rainbow was perfect for this card.  To add some sparkle and try to mask some of those harsh watercolor lines, I covered each and every butterfly with the Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen that I got on Amazon.  I really was hoping for this or a pen like in the Holiday catalog, but no such luck. Still holding out hope for the next one :)  This card really is pretty and was a lot of fun to make!!!  I highly recommend this beautiful embossing folder if you don't already own it!  Make sure you check my blog this weekend, I have special Saturday and Sunday posts going up!!  I'm still sharing all the cards I made at the craft weekend!   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: