Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rainbow Sparkle


Ha! My title sounds like some kind of My Little Pony or something. LOL!  This card is so pretty in person, there's a crazy amount of glitter on it, which of course makes it better.  I came across this card on Pintrest a few weeks ago.  I had just recieved the new Over The Rainbow stamp set and I knew I'd be making this card.  The rainbow is simple, it's lots of different sizes of the circle framelits.  The great thing about the framelits is they nest together and you can cut perfect rings which is how I made each color of the rainbow, so the inside of the red is the outside of the orange, the inside of the orange is the outside of the yellow.  I hope that makes sense.  When you have rings instead of circles they can all be nested and puzzled together and lay flat instead of stacked.  It's a much cleaner, finished look.
The other part of this card, that was/will be life changing....Glitter Splatter! I did it!  Glitter Splatter people!  I'll give you a minute to digest that little tidbit.......Before leaving for the weekend I was watching some of the live streaming of the North American Stampin' Up! Convention.  I love the demos, then Brandi, one of the home office employees, show this I about lost my head!  You take a little Tombow and some water and mix it then splatter it on your card, then sprinkle with glitter and boom-glitter splatter!!!  WHAT!!!??!!  So easy, so pretty, I told LIFE. CHANGING!  The clouds were hand cut all layered with dimensionals, of course!  The greeting is also embossed with some black glitter embossing powder that I mixed up.  Just a little mixutre of Black Embossing Powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  The sparkle on this card is so pretty!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: