Featured Post

Ruth's Tips and Techniques Summit

I'm so incredibly excited to announce my new event and one that I think will be my biggest and best yet! I hope you can join me for Rut...

Monday, August 24, 2015

Merry Snowflakes!

 I'm having lots of fun with the new stamp sets from the new Holiday Catalog!  We're just over a week away from debuting the catalog!  Yay!!!  This stamp set (Holly Jolly Greetings) is one of my favorites and you can get in in a bundle with the framelits (Christmas Greetings) and save!!  To start this card I masked off a part of the white cardstock with some washi tape.  I just took a strip and stuck it diagonally on my paper.  Then I stamped the snowflakes with some Tempting Turquoise ink.  Then I lightly sponged the rest of the white with some Soft Sky ink.  Finally I did some 'glitter splatter'.  This is my new favorite way to use glitter!  Simply mix a small amount of tombow with a small amount of water and use a paint brush to 'splatter' the mixture on your card.  Sprinkle with glitter.  Boom!  Glitter Splatter!  LOVE IT!!!!  Once the glue was dry I carefully pulled off the washi tape and I had a perfectly masked area!

I cut the greeting out the greeting with my framelits and some Silver Glimmer Paper to match the glitter splatter.  I white heat embossed the 'Christmas' on a strip of back and attached that to the card along with the 'merry'.  The rest of the card is pretty simple.  I added a couple of strips of scrap paper to tie the whole card together.  This is such a fun set!!  Can't wait to do more with it!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: