Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Clear Egg Box


Easter is coming, it will be here before you know it!  I saw this box on the ever amazing Pootles blog and I had to make it.  In her video she uses Cadbury Eggs, I don't like Cadbury Eggs, their gooey center just doesn't appeal to me.  So I wanted to put another chocolate treat in this box....more on that later.  I've never made an entire box with window sheets.  I've put a window in a box and used window sheets, but never a whole box.  Let's just say, window sheets are an adventure to work with.  I was VERY happy when this box was done.  I'm so pleased with the final result!  So it was worth the window sheet drama :)
The chocolate egg is sitting on a nest of flowers from the Spiral Flower Die.  I used 3 different colors of cardstock (Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky and So Saffron).  I tied the box with some white grosgrain and then I was done.  Obviously chocolate is the first choice to put in this box, but you could put any beautiful gift in there.    
So here's the chocolate that I used.  I somehow found myself at the mall and SOMEHOW wondered into See's.  I have very expensive taste in chocolate :)  But I believe that good chocolate is worth paying for.  See's is great chocolate.  I LOVE dark chocolate, but I'm very picky.  But I've never been disappointed at See's (I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE their Dark Chocolate Chip Truffles---walked out with a box of those too that day).  OK enough with my chocolate preferences-probably more than you cared to know about.  I saw this box of 6 eggs and thought, that would be adorable in this clear box and I can get 6 gifts for a *low, affordable* price.  So here they are, you too can go buy them :)  
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: