Monday, December 5, 2011

My First Video!

Why are there not enough hours in the day?  I seem to be running low on time that I need to get stuff done.  I've been spending time stamping and doing fun stuff that I've fallen so far behind on the things that I need to do around the house.  So this week I'm playing catch up.  My blog posts this week might be sporadic and short, but I really need to spend this week getting ready for the next couple weeks that are going to be packed with decorating, baking, shopping, etc.  BUT I did get a new camera last week and with this one I'll be able to make stamping videos!!!  Yay!!  I've been wanting to do videos for a while but my old camera just wasn't going to work for good videos anyway.  I'm really excited about my new camera, but it's taking some getting used to, another reason why my posts my be limited.  My plan is to spend all day Monday (assuming the child home from school because of the snow day stays out of the way) and Tuesday doing what needs to be done around the house.  By then my box of brand new stuff from the Occasions Mini catalog and SAB should be here and I can play!  But I hope you understand and enjoy my first video.  I promise I'll get better.  I'm still working on where's the best place for the tripod and trying not to sound like a dork on camera :) 

In the video, I'll show you how to make this gift card holder.  My guests at my Christmas Gift Card class got to make this one and 3 other gift card holders.  This one I think was the easiest and one of the cutest. 


Well enjoy the video, I'll be back later this week with some new stuff hopefully. 
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

OMgosh, Ruth! Your stalker is slacking!! I just barely saw this post this morning. (Actually I blame YOU because it was posted late ... but anyway ....) I LOVE IT! I NEED more videos from you for sure. And since you asked what we want to see .... I would love to see some punch art videos (since I didn't get to go to regionals). I would also love to see videos on how to create fun little boxes and gift-type items.

Pinky Roth said...

Ruth, I just subscribed to your blog this past week and I love your video. You did an excellent job making it. What kind of camera did you get to make your videos? Merry Christmas to you!

Cheryl Hamilton said...

Enjoyed the video very much, Ruth! Great job!! The gift card was so simple, but cute! I think I'll actually have time to try it! Merry Christmas!

Kristine said...

Great job! I hope you will be doing more in the future!