Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Sneak Peek Curved Occasions How To Emboss With Punches-VIDEO

I have another sneak peek project using the Curved Occasions Bundle from the upcoming Mini Catalog.  This one may look simple but what if I told you we were going to use our punches to emboss!  Are you intrigued? I'm so excited to share this fun technique with you.  The cake in the set has some candles on top, I transformed it to a wedding cake simply by removing the candles from on top, I love getting double duty for my stamps!  The cake is colored simply with Stampin' Blends.

stampin up, curved occasions

Do you see that incredible detail in the background, that embossed detail?  It's not an embossing folder, it's punches!  I was messing around with how to best get the MOST use out of my punch and I had a bunch of the curved labels punched out for another project that didn't pan out. So instead of throwing in the towel I was certain I was going to use them somehow.  

stampin up, curved occasions

I stacked them four high and adhered them together with the intention of using them as an 'embossing plate'.  Then I adhered them to scrap piece of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" cardstock in a 'random' pattern.  I say random but it took me a while to be happy with a pattern, but the finished result looks random.  There was lots of trial and error seeing what combo worked best in my machine, your machine may be different. I have my final recipe below.  Check out the video for details too.

stampin up, curved occasions

Make Your Own!

Lemon Lolly 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"

Lemon Lime Twist 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

Basic White 3 3/4" x 5"; 3" x 3/8"; scraps for stamping and die cutting

White Center Paper 3" x 1"

Embossing 'Plate'

stampin up, curved occasions

Here's what my finished 'plate' looks like. Along with the Cut and Emboss Machine 'recipe'.  Tuck this away and save it.  You'll be able to use it multiple times.  

Check out the video for details on this card. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video. I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  


 Shop my Online Store.



No comments: