Monday, August 24, 2020

Guest Blogger: Kim Madrid

I asked my bestie Kim Madrid to step in and blog today.  She's an excellent stamper brightens my mailbox frequently!  Enjoy her work! 

As soon as I saw the camouflage background stamp in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, I knew I had to get it!  I remember a zebra background stamp we had a few years back and people would stamp it in "unexpected" colors and make the cutest things.  I knew right away I wanted to try stamping it in "pink" - in this case, I opted for one of our new in-colors, "Magenta Madness".  The camouflage stamp is a "Distinktive" stamp, which means it creates different opacities in a single stamped image so that you end up with an image that has depth and intensity.

Another "must have" stamp from the Annual Catalog for me was the "Ridiculously Awesome" stamp set.  This set was inspired by one of our Million Dollar Sales achievers and was hand-drawn by Sean Douglas (the husband of Stampin' Up! CEO Sara Douglas).  I love this set because it has a variety of bold sentiments and there's something for just about ANY type of card you want to send.  I chose the sentiment "You Got This" and it turned this card in to a real "girl power" card!  I love it!  This card would be great for someone preparing for an important college exam, going for a big job interview, battling cancer, embarking on a new journey or lots of other scenarios.

I cut the sentiment and background piece out using the "Tasteful Label" dies and then punched three flowers using the "Small Bloom" punch.  I "smooshed" the flowers up a bit to make them look a little more 3D and then added a rhinestone to the middle.  I added a thin piece of "Rainbow Glimmer Paper" behind the camouflage strip.  (Just trim the glimmer paper to get the color you need for your card.)   Finally, I finished the card off with some Magenta Madness ribbon and enamel dots.

I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks, Ruth, for letting me guest blog for you!


Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: