Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Time For Tea

 I went with a little different look for this card, but I'm pretty happy with it.  I wanted to try some big watercolor splotches in the background.  I wasn't really sure how I was going to do it.  The few times that I've tried to do it with a paintbrush just haven't worked out.  But I saw a technique that used a block to do it.  I grabbed my largest block and put a little reinkers in Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Mint Macron on there.  Then I sprayed it with some water then I just dipped my cardstock into the mess.  I really like this look.  It looks very organic and natural.  Some of the colors were starting to mix into an unpleasant muddy color so I used my heat tool to quickly dry the paper and stop all the bleeding.  
Once it was completely dry I grabbed my stamp from A Nice Cuppa set and embossed it with Black Glitter Embossing Powder.  This is my own mix but it's easy to make, 2 parts embossing powder to one part Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (or you can use Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder).  There's lots of sparkle in this image. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: