Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Happy Heart Day

Yesterday I showed you the sweetest, no tweetest little bird card.  I had a glimmer paper heart cut out of it so I wanted to share where that heart came from.  This card is super sparkly and oh so pretty!  We don't have the heart framelits anymore....I don't know why and had I kept mine this card would have been leaps and bounds easier to make than it was.  I wanted a fairly big heart and none of my punches or dies would work so I drew a heart on some scrap paper and cut it out.  I then used that as a template and carefully with an xacto knife cut it out of my glimmer paper.  The heart's not perfect, fortunetly with the glimmer paper it's hard to tell.




The hearts stamped on the inside start with Real Red and gradually get lighter for a cool ombre look.  I used Real Red, Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride.  That little heart stamp is from the A Nice Cuppa set.  Check your stamp sets lots of time there's tiny images that are like hidden gems in a stamp set.  The greeting is on vellum and wrapped around the glimmer paper piece.

To get the hearts all perfectly placed I used a scrap piece of paper as a mask and cut out exactly where my heart would be on my card base.  Then I was able to just stamp in that space, making sure my hearts went from dark to light, or light to dark whichever way you want to look at it :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: