Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, January 25, 2016

Tweetheart

You guys when I made this card I nearly lost it because the cuteness went a little overboard with this one!  Hands down my favorite card that I've made with this yet!  It all started with that greeting.  I saw it online while searching for Valentine puns for my kids.  We'll this one was too cute to overlook.  I printed it on some vellum cardstock on my computer and got to work.  The glimmer paper heart was left over from another project (check back tomorrow to see that project).  I wasn't about to get rid of a perfect glimmer paper heart so I decided it would be used on this card.  
Of course I had to add a bird to go along with the greeting.  The only bird stamp I had within reach was this Sale a Bration set, Honeycomb Happiness.  I colored him with my markers (Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie) and stamped him on watercolor cardstock and colored him.  Coloring him with the markers instead of stamping with Staz-On or the Archival Black left him with a softer feel instead of a harsh outline.  After I had him colored and cut out he looked a little strange hovering over the heart so I added a branch for him to stand on.  So stinkin' cute!!!!!  Check back tomorrow for the card I made using the rest of that glimmer paper!

Thanks for looking, see you soon! 

No comments: