This card was the first one I made with the Sale a Bration set Flowering Fields. I couldn't be happier with the result. I wasn't really sure what it was going to look like, I really didn't have a plan of where I was going either, it was really more of an experiment, a good one! I started with some Shimmer White Cardstock. I love this cardstock so much, it's pretty thick and durable you can actually add a fair amount of water too it and it will be ok. It's NOT watercolor paper so you can't go crazy with the water but for this technique it works great, you can also use watercolor paper too :)
I used my markers to color the stamps. I stamped some full strength, I stamped some off, there's a nice variety of stamped images going on here. Get your heat tool handy, you'll need it in a second. Then I simply took my spritzer with water. Immediately those colors are going to start moving. You don't want them to 'move' too much and looks your stamped images all together. Once it starts moving grab your heat tool and start heating it up, the heat tool will dry the water and stop the 'bleeding' After it's dry if you feel it needs to look more watercolored in a few spot, repeat the process with the spritzer. After all that was done and the watercoloring looking great I decided I wanted some gold splatter with my gold wink of stella pen. My wink of stella pen decided to have a small break down and freaked out and I ended up with giant blotches of gold. Most of it was toward the top of the cardstock, I almost lost it, I thought my card would be unsaveable at that point.........I let it dry......decided that the top was really bad and unusable, I cut that off, the bottom looked ok. I modified my card, added some extra layers and all was fixed. Honestly, I think the card ended up prettier for it. I tell my customers all the time at classes, "there's no mistakes in stamping, just creative opportunities" (PS I did not come up with that tidbit of wisdom, I don't remember who said it, I heard it at a Stampin' Up! event years ago, but it stuck with me). In the case of this card, I just cut off what wasn't working and used what did work. I could have also ran it through my big shot or a punch and cut out a pretty label or tag or some kind of accent piece. All was not lost :) This is a really fun technique and really easy!