Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Superhero Bags


One of my other tasks for the weekend was decorating bags to look like superheros.  I don't know really anything about Wonder Woman so I had to search a lot of images and crafts on Pintrest.  I wanted her 'skirt' to have some dimension and not just be completely flat so I deciced it would be cut pleated.  After a little trial and error I finally got the dimensions right.  Pretty much for this bag It was about 10 inches long I used an 8.5x11 piece of cardstock cut down the middle at 4.25.  I wanted an inch on each side so from each side, to get the pleated look you have to score two lines, so I knew it would be 1 and 1.25 from each side.  Then I found the center and scored 4 lines there at 5 1/8, 5 3/8, 5 5/8 and 5 7/8.  I'm usually not a fan of measuring down to 1/8's but for this bag because I wanted that 5.5 right in the middle I had to.  Once I had it figured out it was easy.  Fold on the score lines to get the pleated look and your done!
I added a Gold Glimmer belt and Dazzling Details Glimmer stars.  The logo was also a trial and error thing.  After looking at the logo for a while I decided to try the triangle punch.  I used a 6x2 piece of cardstock.  I marked the center at 3 that's where the bottom triangle is punched.  Then I marked at 2 and 4, 1 inch on both sides off of the center.  That's where the two top triangles are punched.  Then I just eyeballed it and used my snips to cut the sides.  It worked and I had a template for the rest of them!
   
 Next is the Batman bags.  The bags Michelle found are so pretty!  They're so shiny and glossy, Fast Fuse held really well and so did Tombow.  I wasn't sure how either would stick but they both stuck well!  Obviously Batman was a little easier :)  The logo was a little more challenging :)






We weren't quite sure how we were going to do the logo, we thought about printing them, then Michelle sent me this pin.  As soon as I saw it I knew exactly how they made it.  It's just the Word Window Punch!!!!!  I used two sizes of the oval framelits to make the bases and then just used the Word Window to punch out the wings.  These went really fast once we figured it out!!  Aren't they adorable too!  Custom Batman Logos!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: