Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Paper Pieced Trailer


I'm really loving the You're Sublime stamp set.  I love all the images and all the puns.  When I first saw this little trailer I loved it and really wanted to paper piece it together!  For the card base though, this is a gate fold card so it opens in the middle.  on one side I kept it super simple, on the other I wanted to mirror the dots on the trailer so I pulled out my Dots For Days Background and I stamped it on one side.  Just a quick heads up, I, unknowingly, used the Dots For Days background on 3 of the cards this week......I didn't even realize it until I was taking the pictures.  I just love it and seem to reach for it a lot!  Back to this card though, for the trailer I stamped the image 6 times, once each on the Bohemian DSP, then on cardstock Melon Mambo, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Blackberry Bliss and Basic Gray.  Then I went to work and fussy cut it all out.  I really don't mind the cutting.  I know some people hate to cut stuff out, I actually like it! I did use my xacto knife for the smaller parts like the window in the door and around the hitch. 
All the pieces that were cut out were glued onto the gray piece.  Once everything was down I covered all the gray outline parts with Crystal Effects.  Since these spaces are a little small I used a toothpick to put it in there.  This was a little crazy and time consuming but I love it.  It adds a nice shiny, glossy look to it.  I also brushed on (with a paint brush) some Crystal Effects on the windows, hubcap and the heart too.
Like I said this is a gate fold card so it opens from the center.  I love it!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: