Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Market Fresh


This stamp set (Market Fresh) wasn't originally on my wish list, then after looking through the catalog a few times I kept coming back to it for some reason.  So I bought it, I'm so glad I did!  I pulled out the grape image first and stamped it on some watercolor paper. If you're going to watercolor I recommend using the watercolor paper, it really makes it so much easier and you'll be much happier with the final result.  Don't get itimdated just because it has a fancy name, it's the same as any other paper just holds water better :)
To color it I used an aquapainter and some markers.  I scribbled my markers on a clear block then used my aqua painter to pick up the colors.  I used the same colors that are in the coordinating DSP.  Stampin' Up! has already figured out they work, why mess with it!  I used Mossy Meadow and Old Olive for the Green, Hello Honey and Tangerine Tango for the banner and Blackberry Bliss and a tiny bit of Cherry Cobbler for the grapes.  The Cherry Cobbler adds a nice depth to the coloring.  To finish the card I added some splatter from my aqua painter.....this wasn't really planned but I had accidentally splattered some ink on it and had to go with it.  No mistakes, just creative opportunities :)  I also added some glitter from the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen that I got on Amazon (Stampin' Up! PLEASE carry this pen!!!!!), I love the sparkle it gives.  After the card was completely assembled I put some Crystal Effects over the banner.  Between the sparkle and the shine of the Crystal Effects this card is so pretty!!!  I want to color the lettuce image next :)  Do you have this set?
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

No comments: