Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Market Fresh


This stamp set (Market Fresh) wasn't originally on my wish list, then after looking through the catalog a few times I kept coming back to it for some reason.  So I bought it, I'm so glad I did!  I pulled out the grape image first and stamped it on some watercolor paper. If you're going to watercolor I recommend using the watercolor paper, it really makes it so much easier and you'll be much happier with the final result.  Don't get itimdated just because it has a fancy name, it's the same as any other paper just holds water better :)
To color it I used an aquapainter and some markers.  I scribbled my markers on a clear block then used my aqua painter to pick up the colors.  I used the same colors that are in the coordinating DSP.  Stampin' Up! has already figured out they work, why mess with it!  I used Mossy Meadow and Old Olive for the Green, Hello Honey and Tangerine Tango for the banner and Blackberry Bliss and a tiny bit of Cherry Cobbler for the grapes.  The Cherry Cobbler adds a nice depth to the coloring.  To finish the card I added some splatter from my aqua painter.....this wasn't really planned but I had accidentally splattered some ink on it and had to go with it.  No mistakes, just creative opportunities :)  I also added some glitter from the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen that I got on Amazon (Stampin' Up! PLEASE carry this pen!!!!!), I love the sparkle it gives.  After the card was completely assembled I put some Crystal Effects over the banner.  Between the sparkle and the shine of the Crystal Effects this card is so pretty!!!  I want to color the lettuce image next :)  Do you have this set?
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

No comments: