Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Monday, June 15, 2015

Watercolor Birthday


I had some watercolor paper sitting on my desk for a while so I decided to break it out and use it :)  I've seen this layout with watercolored cards all over Pintrest.  I thought I'd give it a go.  Usually with random watercolor, my cards don't come out well.  This one however I was pleasantly surprised.  I used Hello Honey and Watermelon Wonder for the watercolor parts.  There is a little Mint Macaron in there but when mixed with the other colors it just turned kind of brown and iky so I quickly soaked that up with some baby wipes, which left for some interesting color bleeds for the other two colors.  I did go in after the paper was dry with some Mint Macaron and Gorgeous Grunge and add a little 'splatter'.
I really like the way these two colors worked together.  I wanted to do something a little different for the greeting, I've been kind of on a banner kick lately, but instead of flagged ends on my banners I went another direction.  I also love that little bit of Mint Macaron lace peeking out the bottom.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

Hi Ruth, love this card and love the colors you chose!