Featured Post

2017 New Catalog Stamp Camp and Retired Stamp Set Sale!

This year's Stamp Camp will be amazing!  With fantastic new products and beautiful new colors you won't want to miss it!!  Space is...

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Disney World Castle


A couple weeks ago the family and I were on vacation at Disney World. We had a great time and Dan's birthday was on the last day we were there. I made these cards right before we left and stuffed it in my luggage. I made two because, well, why not? I was already making one. Dan is so very anti glitter and as much as I wanted to give him the all glitter version I didn't....
These cards took me a looooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time. The castle was sketched out and drawn then cut with an exacto knife. The real accomplishment in that is that I didn't cut myself. I washi taped two pieces of white cardstock together before I started sketching and cutting. Really I just wanted a back up one in case the first one failed. Luckly the both worked out. Here's the glitter version....isn't it beautiful!!!!!! I adore this one!!! I just embossed a piece of Pacific Point in Iridecent Ice Embossing Powder to get the super sparkle!
This is the one I gave to Dan. I embossed a really thick clear embossing powder (non Stampin' Up! though many many many years ago SU used to sell a similar product called Glossy Glaze). It's super thick, the embossing powder crystals itself are really large, but you get this awesome effect with this powder. I embossed 3 layers of it. Then when it's cool you just bend the cardstock and it cracks the embossing powder, it's a very cool effect. You can probably get a similar look with the clear embossing powder but you'd have to do lots of layers of it. The final cards are pretty big, they're about 5.5x6. I didn't plan them to be that big but after all the layers and flags it just ended up that way, so I made a custom envelope with the envelope punch board.
Because the castle was a little fragile, I didn't want any part of it not sticking down. I used an excessive amount of dimensionals on each card......actually this is pretty much what most of my cards look like ;) not really........yes.......But literally every inch was stuck down. The great thing about these cards is that since I used the negative image, I still have 2 cut out castles to use on another project. NO WAY would I throw those away! I may just keep them as a stencil in case I need to make this card again :) I love these cards so much!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: