Friday, May 29, 2015

Stacked Scoops

 

I have another bag to share today that I made with the new Bag Punch Board.  This time though I added a lid to close it.  I use an entire sheet of 8.5 x 11 Cardstock and scored it according the the bag instructions for a medium sized box.  The paper is a little longer than the board, to make a taller box you just turn your paper around or finish scoring the lines on the score board.  In this case though, where all those score lines ended at the edge of the punch board I scored a horizontal line on the edge of those lines.  Then you trim it so you're left with only one flap on the back of the bag, this will fold over your completed bag to give it a nice finished closed look.  I hope all that makes sense.  If there's questions on it please let me know and I'll try to do a tutorial on it.
Here's another look at the side.  The cardstock on the back of the bag is longer so the top flap can fold over.  Also on another subject my new favorite ribbon is that lace.  So pretty!!!!  To add a little more depth to the bag I sponged all the sides in Pink Pirouette.  I love the finished look of this bag!
To get the look of the ice cream, where the details are slightly darker is easy!  First I mounted my ice cream scoop on my clear block backwards.  Yes so that the part you normally stamp with is the part that's mounted to the block.  I inked it up, then stamped it first on some scrap paper, then on my white cardstock.  Clean your stamp and flip it over so it's mounted correctly and stamp in the same color, without stamping off on scrap paper this time, right over your backwards scoop.  I did the same with the cone.
Your final look is the perfect color match and it was quick and easy.  No coloring or blending needed!!!  Punch or cut out your images and you're ready to assemble!  Super cute!!!!   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

what a great idea to stamp the back side as a kind of two step! I'll have to try that. I've been sick and unable to use my new stuff. Plus busy making grad cards for a friend and my son, but unable to post yet! mtm