Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bird on a Branch


Tuesday, while I should have been doing other chores, I was in my stamp room stamping, with Megan.  We were procrastinating all the things that NEED to be done, we wanted to play.  Can you blame us?! Stampin' Up! shared their South Pacific Convention General Sessions on the demo website.  I finally had time to watch all the presentations and I loved all of Sara's demos.  I want to make all her cards that she shared!  I loved the idea of using the tree as a branch!  Seriously!!!?!  Too cute!!  This punch has a bazillion ways to use it!  Plus the Ronald McDonald House coordinating stamp set is so adorable you'll need that too, plus a portion goes to support the RMHC so you're doing good too!  I used the square framelits to frame up my image.  I used Mint Macaroon and Cucumber Crush :)
I stamped and clear embossed the tree and bird for more texture and dimension to the tree.  Everything is sponged in it's coordinating color.  The little bird is made from Watermelon Wonder.  For the clouds in the background I used the cloud (just one of it's uses) part of the Tree Builder Punch.  I used it as a mask and with Soft Sky ink sponged around the outside of it, moving it around on my paper until I got the desired look I wanted.  So pretty and it add so much more to the card than just a white background.
Megan also made a card with the tree punch.  She picked the colors and I helped her punch them.  Then she sat on the floor in my craft room with a glue stick and made her card.  Both kids really like to stamp with me when I stamp. I usually save all of my retiring/retired cardstock for them, then they can also use my scraps.  I don't generally give them much direction, I think they'll learn more and love it more if it's their own.
Here's Megan's finished 'Forest' as she called it.  Obviously they're not your traditional tree colors but she loves it.  Perhaps a little punch artist in the making :)  So cute!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: