Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day Petals



Mother's Day is this Sunday.  Dan claims he and kids have something planned.  I think as long as I can sleep in a little on Sunday or even Saturday it will be a good weekend :)  I have a quick, beautiful card for you today.  I saw this card on pintrest.  I wanted to make a one layer card so I did a little masking for my card.  I love the finished card.  I also decided to go with shades of oranges like the card I CASED.  I don't think I've used Tangelo Twist since it came out last year.  I love the look of it on this card.
For my card I mentioned I was going to do some masking.  I used some post it tape and cut it to 3/4" wide, I think it's normally about 1 inch.  I just stuck it on my paper cutter and trimmed it.  Then I placed it on my card.  I did all my stamping over it, then carefully peeled it off.  The area the post it tape covered is clean and you're left with a perfect strip down the center of your card. 
I stamped my greeting, then added some strips of Tangelo Twist cardstock to created a border around the greeting.  I covered those thin strips with some Crystal Effects for just a little extra shine and texture.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: