Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Saying Goodbye!


My class in May is always showcasing some of my favorite stamp sets that are retiring.  These were the cards my guests at my class made.  I'm really going to miss the For The Birds Set.  I think this set was the only one that I was really upsets about.  I don't use it much, but I do LOVE it.  The images are adorable and they're so fun to color!  It's usually my go to stamp set when I need to make a stack of cards for gifts.  I will miss this one.  This card is super cute though, and quick!  You could easily make a stack of these!
Regarding Dahlias and I have a love/hate relationship.  I started out really not liking this flower.  I thought it was too 'sketchy' and I didn't see myself using it much.  Well something I saw made me buy it it turned into my go-to flower.  Strange.  I love this card though, the pinks with the black is so pretty!
This card uses two retiring stamp sets.  The first is Starburst Sayings.  I don't this stamp set as much as I wanted.  But everytime I did I loved the cards it produced.  This one especially I love!  This card also features the Dictionary background stamp.  I'll miss this background stamp, it was my most used background.
Finally Geometrical, I think this is another set that I wanted to do more with but never did :(  I love all the shapes and I love the greetings.  For this card the triangles were all stamped and then punched out.  You can stamp them all in a row like this but without a stamp a ma jig it would have been really difficult to line them all up.  I didn't want to put that stress on my customers.  So instead they're punched out and adhered to the black cardstock.  Same look, much quicker!
Don't forget to get all of these stamp sets before they retire for good!!! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: