Friday, November 22, 2013

Beautiful Butterfly Bag

I wanted to venture back to my scrapbook weekend for a minute.  There were tons of make and takes.  This one was my favorite and I thought it was so beautiful it deserved it's own post.  The original idea came from this post when Kim guest blogged.  I was convinced that those bags were beautiful, but I'd never find the time to do them.  I was WRONG!  These bags are soooo sooo quick to put together!!!  There is some drying time, but really I was shocked!!!
I'm not sure if this is the exact way Kim did her bags, this is how Michelle guided us through these bags, so this is the way I know.  I'll give you a quick run down on what we did.  First we stamped, in staz on, our image on white tissue paper.  Cut it out.  Now with tissue paper this is easier said than done, not impossible or hard, you just have to be a little more patient because the tissue paper can tear so easily.  Once your image is cut out grab a paint brush and modge podge.  We laid it face down and painted a THIN layer of modge podge then lay your bag over it, gently press, the image will stick to your bag.  Trim the edges, if they hang over and then paint another thin layer of modge podge over the image now on your bag.  Let it dry.
Once it's dry just pull out your makers, of course we used SU markers and color it.  The color is so bright and vibrant.  When your coloring, it's going to look like the ink isn't drying, it's gonna be wet, but I promise it will dry.  I don't know how it works, I don't know if the marker soaks into it somehow, or just dries but it does and it works!  The colors I used on this bag were Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise.  I love how bright they are on the bag!!  I have more MDS pages to share next week.  I'm hoping to squeeze in some projects but Thanksgiving's at my house, the kids will be home all week, so I'm not making promises :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: